Strong Defense Against Criminal Charges
Were you hit with criminal charges that you never expected? Have you been accused of a serious crime, but you think the state has its information completely wrong about what happened? Don’t assume that you’ll get through this tough situation because you should be innocent until proven guilty. Assume that the prosecution is going to throw every charge at you that it can—and take steps now to defend yourself.
Come to The Criminal Defense Team for representation from effective and experienced Indianapolis criminal lawyers. We have the know-how and resources required to take on the most challenging criminal defense cases. Don’t let the state dictate how your case will go, stand up for yourself with our help.
From Our Indianapolis Criminal Defense Attorneys:
- Board-Certified Indianapolis Criminal Lawyers
- Always Protecting Your Rights
- What Does a Criminal Defense Lawyer Do?
- How to Find a Good Criminal Defense Attorney
- Benefits of Having a Criminal Defense Attorney
- Basic Elements of a Criminal Defense Strategy
- Why Hire an Indianapolis Criminal Defense Attorney?
- Defense Before You Are Charged
- Start Working on a Defense
- Frequently Asked Questions
Get your defense moving with our Indianapolis criminal defense lawyers. Call (317) 565-2221 now.
You can’t take risks when it comes to defending your future from a criminal conviction. When you want to make sure that your criminal defense case is in the right hands, come to The Criminal Defense Team in Indianapolis.
We have 4 Board-Certified Criminal Law Specialists at our firm. In the entire state of Indiana, there are only 5 such specialists. Earning Board Certification requires an attorney to prove their understanding of the law and all the proceedings around it through a rigorous test that many legal professionals attempt but do not pass. You know that you can trust your Indianapolis criminal defense case to us for many reasons, including the prestigious Board Certifications of five of our attorneys.
Awards & Affiliations
There are so many criminal charges on Indiana’s books. You don’t have to exhaust yourself searching for a criminal defense law firm that can handle your case, no matter how nuanced or unusual your charges might be. The Criminal Defense Team is equipped to handle virtually any criminal charge, including felonies and federal crimes.
Different types of cases that we can handle include but aren’t limited to:
- Criminal trespassing
- Domestic violence
- Drug crimes (drug possession & drug trafficking)
- DUI / OWI
- Federal crimes
- Gun charges
- Homicide and manslaughter
- Sex crimes
- White collar crimes
A criminal defense lawyer serves a critical role in the criminal justice system. They represent defendants who have been accused of criminal proceedings and work to secure an optimal outcome for their clients. An experienced criminal defense attorney in Indianapolis, IN will:
- Analyze the criminal charges faced by the defendant
- Evaluate any relevant evidence or witnesses
- Devise a strategy to best dispute criminal charges
- Achieve an appropriate resolution
- Provide support and advice throughout the criminal proceedings
- Negotiate plea bargains when necessary
- Assist with appeal processes if a conviction is rendered by a court
An attorney’s expertise in this field of law can make all the difference in their client's case.
Finding the right criminal defense attorney can be a daunting task. It’s important to work with someone who has experience challenging prosecutors and advocating successfully for clients. You want to look for an attorney with a good track record, references, and good standing within the legal community and bar associations. Take your time with research, as this type of decision should not be taken lightly. Be sure to check out their website and reviews, read interviews with them in publications, ask other attorneys for their opinion, and meet at least three lawyers before selecting one to represent your case. Make sure to ask questions during your consultations, such as:
- How much experience do you have in handling cases similar to mine?
- What is your success rate in defending clients against similar charges?
- What is your fee structure, and do you offer payment plans?
- Will you be handling my case personally, or will it be assigned to another attorney in your firm?
- Can you provide references from past clients?
- How do you plan to approach my case?
Pay attention to how well the attorney communicates with you during the consultation. They should be attentive, responsive, and able to explain complex legal concepts in a way you understand.
A good criminal defense attorney in Indianapolis will make sure that all evidence is carefully examined and available options are explored in order to provide you with the best possible outcome so it is important to find one who fits your needs and budget.
Having the right criminal defense attorney by your side is invaluable in any case of criminal charges. A qualified, experienced Indianapolis criminal defense attorney can provide benefits that few other professionals are capable of. Not only will a good lawyer help you through all the legal complications associated with criminal proceedings, they can also protect your best interests while ensuring you understand every step of the process. Your attorney will act as an advocate in all legal matters, negotiating on your behalf and presenting information to persuade a judge or jury in favor of acquittal. The benefits of having an experienced attorney to defend against criminal charges cannot be overstated - it's essential for those facing potential incarceration or hefty fines.
Every criminal defense case is unique, so the criminal defense strategy used for your case must be unique, too. The Criminal Defense Team always takes a deliberate approach when making a defense strategy for each client because we know cutting corners does no good. By the time we are finished, the prosecution will be caught off-guard and off-balance.
Most criminal defense strategies, no matter how unique, will need to include these basic elements:
- Evidence: Concrete evidence is often the foundation of the best criminal defense cases. The state will have a hard time proving anything against you if there is tangible proof that says otherwise.
- Arguments: The best piece of evidence can only do so much on its own. It really becomes useful when backed by clear arguments that prove its significance to the case.
- Counterpoints: The prosecution will be working against you at every step, so, of course, you need to work against them. An essential element of any criminal defense strategy is the use of counterpoints to prove not just that your argument is true, but also that the state’s argument is false.
It is important to understand that you don’t have to wait until you are in handcuffs to defend yourself from criminal penalties. You can call on The Criminal Defense Team the moment you think you are being targeted by a criminal investigation. Pre-charge and pre-trial defense strategies can make a huge difference if an arrest does follow. In the best-case scenario, though, we can dissuade the state from taking any action against you, so your criminal record doesn’t even show that you were arrested.
Waiting too long to start a criminal defense strategy can be a big mistake because you know the state has already started on its case against you. Please call (317) 565-2221 now to speak with the Indianapolis criminal defense lawyers of The Criminal Defense Team. We combine aggressive tactics, compassionate counsel, and Board-Certified* expertise to create powerful defenses against virtually any criminal charges.
Contact us online if you want to arrange a consultation with the Indianapolis criminal defense attorneys at The Criminal Defense Team.