Indiana Criminal Stalking Attorneys
Facing Stalking Charges?
If you have been accused of criminal stalking or another domestic violence charge, you should contact a lawyer as soon as possible to better understand your legal options and get the best possible legal defense. Criminal stalking is a serious charge that can carry serious consequences, and you need trusted legal representation on your side to have the best chance of reducing or even eliminating your charges.
You should not have to go through the criminal defense process alone. The Indiana domestic battery defense lawyers of The Criminal Defense Team have the know-how and the experience to get a more favorable outcome for your case. Contact the Indiana criminal stalking lawyers of The Criminal Defense Team today at (317) 565-2221 for a free, no-obligation consultation, or fill out a contact form on our website.
Why Should I Hire a Lawyer for My Criminal Stalking Case?
Criminal stalking is a severe charge, and experienced legal representation can make the difference between a lengthy prison sentence and a plea deal or even having your charges dropped altogether. The qualified Indiana criminal stalking lawyers of The Criminal Defense Team will be able to assess the facts of your case, help you understand your legal options and craft a defense that could help to reduce or even eliminate the charges you are facing. The stigma of domestic violence looms large over a criminal stalking case, and even if you are innocent, an accusation of criminal stalking can affect you for the rest of your life.
Charges such as criminal stalking can be emotionally-charged. Anything that you say to law enforcement can be used against you, and hiring a lawyer as early in the process as possible is essential. You need to make sure that you have someone with legal knowledge helping you every step of the way. Your trusted lawyer will help you navigate through the complex legal process, help you to anticipate the arguments that the prosecution may make, and advise you about the best ways to reduce or even eliminate your charges.
“We would recommend the Criminal Defense Team to anyone.” - Vicki
“This is Mr. Andrew Baldwin’s specialty and he knows his stuff!” - Donita
“I feel they genuinely care about others and work together quite well as a team.” - Brandon
The experienced criminal stalking attorneys of The Criminal Defense Team provide trusted legal representation to those facing a domestic violence charge, such as criminal stalking. Because criminal defense is our only practice area, The Criminal Defense Team has the experience necessary to fiercely defend you in court. Our combined 90 years of experience across the criminal defense field extends to criminal stalking charges, so we understand the tactics that the prosecution will often try to use against defendants and the techniques we can use that are best suited to getting your charges reduced or even dropped altogether.
When you are up against a criminal stalking charge, you are looking at substantial fines, potential prison time, and a felony record that could hurt your chances of securing employment in the future. We believe that serious charges deserve serious representation. Larger criminal law firms will often treat you as just another case in their docket, not giving you the personalized attention that your case deserves.
The Criminal Defense Team believes in surrounding you with experience, and we work as a collaborative team to give you the strongest defense possible. In criminal defense, crafting a strong defense means the difference between our clients serving jail time or walking away with something far less severe.
What Can I Do to Protect Myself Following a Criminal Stalking Arrest?
If you are arrested and charged with a domestic violence offense such as criminal stalking, it can be a stressful experience. Under such stress, you may not be thinking about your rights, but they are important and worth protecting. The Criminal Defense Team works tirelessly to ensure that law enforcement is treating you fairly, but there are a few things you can do should you be arrested for criminal stalking:
- Remain calm. If the police come to arrest you, be cooperative and calm during the arrest process. Allow them to read you your rights and tell you why you’re being arrested. If your rights are violated during this process, that violation can be an integral part of your defense.
- Treat law enforcement with respect. Failing to do so, particularly if you are aggressive or hostile, can lead to further criminal charges that you will need to defend against.
- Remain silent. Law enforcement may attempt to question you about the accusation of criminal stalking, but you do have the right to remain silent. State that you want to speak with a lawyer and avoid saying anything that could remotely incriminate you.
- Hire a lawyer from The Criminal Defense Team. Even if you are innocent, allegations of domestic violence charges, such as criminal stalking, can have a chilling effect on many parts of your life. With over a century of combined experience, The Criminal Defense Team will ensure that your case is in the hands of some of the most experienced and knowledgeable defense lawyers in the business.
- Document everything. Try to write down as much information as possible surrounding the circumstances of your arrest, charges, booking, and the time while you were awaiting your first hearing. If law enforcement or anyone else violates your rights, an experienced Indiana criminal defense lawyer can use this in court, perhaps to get charges dropped, certain evidence suppressed, or as ammunition in a plea deal.
- Be courteous. Always treat everyone with respect and present yourself in the best possible light. The judge and jury in your case can have an impact on the rest of your life, so ensure that you are on your best behavior during all phases of the case.
Contact The Criminal Defense Team Today
Facing a charge of criminal stalking can be stressful, to say the least. The qualified Indiana criminal stalking lawyers of The Criminal Defense Team have significant experience in defending clients accused of domestic violence and related crimes. Qualified legal representation can often mean the difference between a lengthy sentence or a lesser one, so if you have been accused of criminal stalking, you should contact an Indiana criminal stalking attorney as soon as possible.
Call The Criminal Defense Team today at (317) 565-2221 for a free, no-obligation case consultation. Don’t wait. Your freedom may depend upon it.