Avon Criminal Defense Lawyer
Being charged with a crime can carry serious consequences. Your freedom is at risk, and a criminal conviction can have long-term ramifications on your life.
You need the experienced Avon criminal defense attorneys of The Criminal Defense Team to defend you against your charges. We’ve defended clients for decades and are uniquely skilled in using the law to craft effective strategies to help you achieve the best outcome in your case.
Call us today at (317) 687-8326 or complete our contact form online for a free case evaluation.
Types of Criminal Cases We Can Take
At The Criminal Defense Team, we defend those who have been charged with various misdemeanor and felony crimes in Indiana.
We have experience defending clients against the following misdemeanor charges:
- Possession of marijuana or dealing marijuana
- Disorderly conduct
- Public intoxication
- Intimidation or harassment
- Resisting arrest
- Identity theft
- Check fraud
- Underage possession of alcohol
- Carrying an unlicensed gun
We’ve also defended clients against the following felony charges:
- Sex crimes, including rape, sexual battery, child molestation, and child solicitation
- Internet sex crimes, including child exploitation, possession/sale/distribution of child pornography, and online child solicitation
- Drug crimes, including drug possession, drug dealing, and drug manufacturing
- Murder and manslaughter
- Child neglect and abuse
- Domestic violence
- Battery, including domestic battery
- White-collar crimes, including identity theft, money laundering, tax evasion, loan/mortgage fraud, insider trading, and bribery
If a client has been convicted of a crime, we help them appeal their conviction to the Indiana Court of Appeals. We also help those who are facing probation or community corrections violations, and we help those who have had their driving privileges suspended get their driving privileges reinstated.
If you’ve been charged with a crime that isn’t listed above, that doesn’t mean we can’t help you get the best possible outcome in your case. Call us today at (317) 687-8326 for a free evaluation of your charge(s), and we’ll let you know what your legal options are.
Consequences of Being Charged With a Crime in Indiana
In Indiana, being charged with a crime can have a far-reaching, negative impact in various areas of your life.
A criminal conviction can cause you to lose your liberty and can cost you thousands of dollars in penalties. Crimes in Indiana are either misdemeanors or felonies, and both types of crimes can carry large fines and long-term jail or prison time. A misdemeanor charge can carry a sentence of up to 1 year in jail and a maximum fine of up to $5,000. A felony charge can carry a sentence of up to 40 years in prison and a penalty of up to $10,000 in fines. A murder charge is an unclassified felony and can result in death, or up to 65 years in prison, and up to $10,000 in fines.
Additionally, your reputation can be ruined when you’re convicted of a crime. Criminal convictions can even affect your ability to obtain housing and scholarships for higher education. Your employment prospects can be considerably reduced or damaged if you have a criminal conviction on your record.
Because the risks are so high, it’s imperative that you have an experienced criminal defense attorney who is skilled and ready to go to bat for you.
I’ve Been Charged With a Crime. What Do I Do?
When you’re charged with a crime, there are important steps for you to take and things you can do to help your case.
- Remain silent. It is your constitutional right. Anything you say to law enforcement officials or any officer of the court can be used as evidence against you in your case. Law enforcement officials and prosecution lawyers have crafty ways of speaking to people who are under arrest and can get you to say something incriminating about yourself without you even realizing it.
- Do not resist arrest. Do your best to cooperate with law enforcement. Any act of defiance could be viewed as resistance, and you can be charged with resisting arrest on top of the charges you were arrested for.
- Ask for an attorney. This is the first thing you should do if you’re arrested for a crime or receive a criminal citation informing you that you’ve been charged with a crime. An experienced attorney will make sure your rights are protected throughout this legal process.
- Know your rights. You have inalienable rights in this country no matter what. Law enforcement and prosecutors cannot violate your constitutional rights and are supposed to inform you of those rights when you’re arrested.
Once you’ve retained an attorney, we will advise you and protect your constitutional rights every step of the way in this legal process.
Why You Need The Criminal Defense Team
The Criminal Defense Team was founded over a decade ago with one mission: to work together to aggressively defend the people of Indiana when they’ve been charged with a crime and help them get the best possible outcome for their charges.
We serve our clients in Indiana from our three offices in Franklin, Noblesville, and Indianapolis. We collaborate on each and every case, as we believe we can best serve our clients by using our 120 years of combined experience to devise the most effective legal strategies to defend our clients.
Five of our lawyers are certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy as Criminal Trial Specialists and we are all members of the Indiana State Bar Association. We’ve proven our success in defending our clients at trial in front of a judge or a jury of their peers and have built a reputation on our willingness to face challenges head-on and our unwavering commitment to fighting to get you the best possible results.
Call Us Today
Have you been charged with a crime? If so, it is in your best interest to hire an attorney right away. The Criminal Defense Team isn’t just any group of criminal defense lawyers. We have over a century of combined legal experience and skill in criminal defense law and will vigorously defend you against your charges.
Your liberty is at risk. Call us today or contact us online for a free evaluation with one of our top-notch Avon criminal defense lawyers.